Our revised course to meet the Coronavirus situation will help you to…..
- understand your pup and how he or she learns,
- build a good strong loving relationship with pup,
- teach all the basics and aim for a pup who is confident, eager to learn and who can also relax and be calm,
- Importantly, we will address the need to socialise the pups during this period of social isolation, and how to teach them to feel safe when alone.
The 6 week course will include:
- A weekly interactive online Zoom group meeting to discuss training & cover topics you raise, for 30 minutes on Saturday mornings. (We’ll ask you to do some preparation for the meetings so we can make the most of the time)
- Weekly video of practical learning topics
- Homework by email
- 30 minutes of personal contact by phone.
If you’d like more details or to book, please contact usContact Page.
If restrictions are lifted during the course, we will revise the structure to suit!
We have our outdoor facility and, depending on driving restrictions and practical issues, it may be possible to allow use of that for individuals’ exercise time. This would be particularly useful for any pup who lacks in confidence and is something we can explore as time goes on.
IN NORMAL TIMES< this is our puppy course:
It’s so exciting to have a pup. Its also hard work and sometimes frustrating and worrying!
We aim to show families not only to teach the pup the basic moves, but how to understand, guide and communicate with the pup.
We want to end up with a well-rounded, well socialised pup who is calm, confident and responsive!!
That’s why our Hamble Hounds’ Puppy Courses usually include Indoor AND Outdoor sessions, to be sure pups learn to communicate happily with other dogs as well as transferring all the skills learned inside (where it is pretty easy!) to the Great Outdoors which is full of distractions. HOWEVER, DURING THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS, ALL OF OUR SESSIONS ARE OUTDOORS TO ALLOW SPACE BETWEEN PEOPLE. Please contact us for latest details
We also share the wealth of our knowledge and observations skills, particularly useful in socialisation assessments, as it is best to spot any concerns and build in solutions from an early age.